Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Billy Bragg concert

Up late last night to see Billy Bragg at the Somerville Theatre. We've seen Billy more than 20 times since 1987. Prior to the show we checked out the Museum of Bad Art (MOBA) in the basement of the theatre. It was pretty darned funny. Billy's show was excellent, the only negative was the two IDIOTS sitting in front of us who were talking throughout the show. I just don't get that. You spent money to come see a musician perform and then sit in the audience and chat. As Jerry Seinfeld said "People, they're the worst".

The final song of the night was the sing-along "A New England". Definitely an all-time favorite. Gotta love the lines "I saw two shooting stars last night. I wished on them, but they were only satellites"

2 comments:

DoubleJ said...

I was 21 years when I wrote this song...I'm 22 now but I won't be for long.... Wait...I'm 31 years...soon to be 32...and I'm running times like I'm 60! WTF!

This might sound like blasphemy but I think Kirsty MacColl's version is the best one... And not to slam Mr. Bragg...but if A New England wasn't the encore, I would have been frickin' amazed. ;)...

You must be mega cranky today considering the show MUST have gone past 7pm ...

double-d Mountain runner said...

I'm mega cranky any time I'm awake past 7. Taking a day off from work today helped. Slept in then biked 2 hours.

5 days to go!

Hope your marathon recovery is going well.