Saturday, November 29, 2008

Most popular day to race




I’m not sure what the most popular day to race is but for me it has been the 4th of July with 14 races and New Year’s Day with 12. Thanksgiving (the holiday….not the date because the date varies) ranks third for me.

I’m guessing that Jan. 1 is the most popular day to race AND the most popular day to run. My thinking is that people make resolutions to work-out and start on Jan. 1. I’m looking forward to running the Winners Circle Hangover race and take the Ocean Plunge again this year.

My top dates raced:
7/04……14
1/01…….12
Thanksgiving…11
5/03………8

There are only two days that I have run on every time in the last 30 years. Due to injuries and such I’ve missed running on every day except May 9 and May 12. There are a bunch of days that I’ve only missed once. The most missed would be a tie with 8 zero mile days for Oct. 10, Nov. 9, Dec 27, and Dec 30.

I’m not sure what any of this means but I enjoy crunching numbers.


Picture above is from the Chelmsford Alumni XC race which is held the day after Thanksgiving. Pic courtesy of Dave LaPierre.

No comments: