Monday, November 10, 2008

Nantucket





The man from Nantucket greatly exaggerated....




Long day today. Hit the road at 3:30 AM. Drove to a Firetower in Barnstable, then over to Yarmouth for a run in Yarmouth and Dennis including a section of the Cape Cod rail trail. Ther over to Hyannis for the 8 a.m. "fast ferry" to Nantucket. The ferry was pretty cool, it got up to 45 mph. One hour to Nantucket, then I biked 10 miles to Sankaty light which is the location of the highest point on the island (and hence the county). Then I biked another 8 miles to the Coskata-Coature Wildlife refuge. I went for a 3m run then back on the bike for 10 miles back to the ferry. Back to Hyannis by 1:30 and back home 12 hours after I left. Great fun for a day off from work.




Now I'm off to the USATF NE grand prix selection meeting....

No comments: