Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lunch Loops

I run the same 3 miles at lunch and it never gets old.  It is a little less than 1/2 mile to the park and a loop in the park is just under .6.  I do four loops and a small extra loop in the parking lot at work and it comes out to an even 3 miles.  Days like thursday are great, no one goes to the park when it rains, other days the crowds can be pretty thick around lunch time.  I'm not sure what my all-time best is for the loop because I now use a different parking lot.  I recall "back in the day" clocking a sub-18 with Robert (around 2001).  Today I ran 19:46 which is my fastest time this year (previous best was 19:53).  I typically run how I feel and keep the effort the same every day.  I never know what the watch will show because every day feels the same to me.  I'm happy that I can feel decent running under 20, maybe I'm finally getting in shape...

No comments: