Friday, January 21, 2011

A workout (of sorts)

I’ve been testing my back, since missing a week earlier this month, by adding a little mileage and picking up the pace. I decided to try something a little quicker yesterday. I’m planning on doing some snowshoe racing this weekend and thought it would be a good idea to see how snowshoe running and speed work felt. On Tuesday I did a 5m snowshoe run with JJ and had no repercussions. Yesterday seemed like the logical time to try something ‘fast’ as I was going to be at Pinnacle PT and the treadmill gives the opportunity to opt out at the first signs of trouble.


After getting my back worked on, I hit the treadmill and did 1.5 miles at an easy pace (8:00/mile). I followed that with 3 x ½ mile at 2:43.5 per with a ¼ mile rest at 7:00 pace. I finished with an easy half mile. Total time for 4m = 26:55.

So far so good…

No comments: