Wednesday, April 11, 2012

30 Years ago

30 years ago (April 1982)
I raced five times as my final season of outdoor track at Billerica High started to wind down.  I started the month with a win over 2 miles at the Haverhill invitational running a 9:38.  The following week I went on my first plane trip, flying down to Philadelphia for the Penn Relays 3,000 meter run.  I had what I considered a disappointing race taking 10th in 8:44.  The following day I ran the ¾ mile leg of the DMR at the Mass State Relay championships.  We ran 11:11 with Jim Sullivan running 2:15 for the half, Mike Busnach running 4:41 for the mile, Kevin Norman running 56 for the ¼ and I ran 3:20 for my leg.  I closed out the month the following weekend with an unusual double, running the mile and the 1/4 in a dual meet against Andover.  I took the win with a 4:28 win in the mile and a few minutes later ran the open ¼ in 55.0 for third place.

No comments: