Thursday, November 21, 2013

More peakbagging


The second "big" peak I attempted was Crown mountain on St Thomas.  This was a drive up, so the climb wasn't an issue.  The logistics were the toughest part.  This involved a ferry to St Thomas and a taxi to the top.  The taxi driver was a bit put-out, not by taking the trip but by my insistence that Crown Mountain was the high point (not "Mountain Top").  He told me "I've been on this island my entire life and I assure you that Mountain top is higher.  He was willing to do the drive and even got us around the construction site which had Tower Road closed on the south side of the island.  We looped around to the north and parked near the top at the WGOD radio tower.  With stops at Mountain top (tacky knickknacks) and the botanical garden (kind of sad and lame) it was a full day on the island.



No comments: