Monday, January 6, 2014

Goals - tought to narrow it down!


2014 Goals

 
I’ve got a bunch of goals for this year, but foremost is to get healthy enough to race.  I’m still troubled with a hinky glute.  I can run pretty much all of the mileage I want but going “quickly” is another story.  Time will tell.
 
Races I’m focusing on:
World Masters Mountain championships (Telfes, Austria) 09-06-14
US snowshoe championships (Bennington, VT) 03-01-14
US Mountain championships (Loon Mountain, NH) 07-06-14
Mt Washington road race 06-22-14
US masters 10k championships (James Joyce Ramble) 04-26-14
Mt W snowshoe race 03-09-14
New England 15km championships (VT) 08-31-14
New England 10km championships (MA) 09-14-14
 
Series that I’d like to do:
Granite state snowshoe (I’m the reigning masters champ)
Western Mass snowshoe (I’m the reigning overall champ)
USATF NE grand prix (my next GP race will be #100)
NH Grand Prix (a BETTER series of races than the USATF NE)
BUMPS (Bike up Mountains Point series) – I’m hoping to use the Eliptigo to ascend a bunch of peaks

50+ crs I’d like to take a shot at:
Ascutney – Keith Woodward holds the record with a 33:34 from 2002
Pack – Marin Tighe holds the record with a 1:09  and change

State High points I’d like to visit:
Utah
OH & IN (I’ve been but Eric hasn’t)
NJ & DE (I’ve been but Eric hasn’t)

NH town bagging
I’ve run in over 75% of the towns in NH, hopefully I can close in on 100% by the end of the year.

Vermont Peaks
I’m almost done a couple of climbing lists in VT.  Only a few more of the most prominent peaks (by county) left to hit for that list, and a few more towers and I’ll have completed the fire tower/observation tower list.

Keeps me running
 

 

 

 

No comments: