Thursday, February 15, 2018

Workout!

I haven’t run anything fast since injuring my calf back on January 21.  I feel that my calf is nearly back to 100% (maybe 90%?) and figured I’d give the Fudgsicle series a test this weekend.  In anticipation of that I decided to try a workout this week.  On Wednesday I did my normal 6m run in the morn.  For the afternoon I hoped to hit the N. Andover track for 2 x 1 mile with a half-mile rest.  My back-up plan (if the track was occupied) was to just use my Garmin and do the repeats on the road.  It was pretty breezy but temps were in the mid-40s as I headed out on the loop.  I passed the track a mile in and the track team was practicing so I continued on the loop.  I hit 2 miles in 15:40 and went into my first harder mile.  I was hoping to run around 6:00.  I was not happy with Garmin on this day as my 3 mile (plus) loop came up at 2.94.  Generally that wouldn’t be a big deal but that means about 5-10 seconds per mile.  So my hoped for 6 minute mile was a 6:13.  I headed out into the loop for ½ mile (3:36) then headed backwards on the loop.  Again I wasn’t happy with Garmin as my half-mile OUT was only .47 on the way BACK.  My second quick mile was a 6:07.  I finished out the run with a 1.5 mile warmdown (10:33) for a total run of 6 miles in 42:14.


My calf felt fine and felt the same today so I’m hoping to run around 6’s at Fudge on Saturday!


Workout = 
https://www.relive.cc/view/1407854941

No comments: