Thursday, April 26, 2018

Old course records live on


Old Course records:

A couple of my old course records from April held up for another year.  The 37th running of the Red Shoe Barn 5 mile was held mid-month and my 1996 course record of 24:12 reached its 22nd year.  I’m amazed that this has held up so long.  I’d like to go back and run it, I haven’t been there for a couple of years and they always do a great job.  My other record is from the Chicago Lakefront 50k.  This year was the 19th running of the race on the shores of Lake Michigan (equals windy).  My course record of 2:57:36 was thought to be the American Record at the time (which was the reason I went there and raced it) but I later learned that when they certified the course they “forgot” to add on the 50 meters BEYOND 50k that is needed to be certified. Needless to say, I was not happy.  Anyway, the CR still stands and is now 17 years old.


No comments: