Friday, December 14, 2018

Looking back = Dec 2003


15 years ago: December 2003

I completed two races during the month as I was coming back from some injury or another.  I started off the month with the Santa’s toy run in Merrimac MA.  This is one of the better races put on by the Winners Circle.  It features a 2-mile loop that you do one, two, or three times.  You do not have to declare which race you are doing, you just stop at the appropriate time.  I went with the 6-mile version taking an unexpected first place in 34:44.

Two weeks later I kicked off the snowshoe racing season with the “I love Woodford” snowshoe race.  I found myself around the top 10 early on and the pack pulled away leaving me running alone.  At about half-way there is a sharp turn, which I knew from having run the course several times.  I took the turn and immediately noticed that there were no footprints ahead of me!  There was no one in sight so I just headed on my way and ended up taking first place.  The lead pack rolled in about 20 minutes after I finished.  Ouch!

Woodford Snowshoe race
1 Dave     Dunham   39 M        27:34
2 Tom      Parent     27 M        32:08
3 Wayne  Stocker    49 M        32:10
                                
The “lost” (blue = CMS)
47 Richard Bolt        33 M       46:05
48 Ben Nephew       27 M       46:06
50 Elijah Barrett      27 M       46:18
52 Greg Hammett    26 M      46:24
53 James Pawlicki    29 M      46:26
55 Ken Clark            41 M     46:33
56 Dan Verrington   41 M     46:38                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      


No comments: