Thursday, June 13, 2019

Looking back 2009


10 years ago: June 2009, I ran 331 miles this month and didn’t miss any days. I started the month at the Lincoln RI dog track for the USATF NE 5km champs. It was warm and sunny, and I had a decent run covering the course in 16:30 and narrowly missing my 40+ pr (16:28). A week later I directed and raced in the USATF NE trail championships at Northfield. I tried to key off of teammate Tim Mahoney but just couldn’t track him down (although he pulled me past the 2nd place master in the process). I took 10th place overall in 39:30 over the 6.5 mile course. A week later I found myself chasing Tim Livingston up Mt Washington. Tim still holds the 19 and under record at Mt Washington and in recent years has ran some spectacular second half’s at Mt W. I felt pretty lousy but managed a sub 1:10 effort taking 20th in 1:09;22. I finished the month with the Cranmore Mountain race which was the US mountain running championships. I had a good second loop moving up through the fast starters to take 25th overall and third in the 40+.



No comments: