Saturday, January 4, 2020

Long rides


When I’ve been injured I’ve built up to about 3.5 hours per day of working out.  This time around has been no different in the amount of time.  The big change is that I’ve done more biking and much more long rides.  In the past I’d mix in rowing and elliptical and although I’d be in the basement working out for 3 or more hours I’d never be doing one thing for more than an hour.  I guess I like torture (or the consistency of the spin bike).  Of the 25 rides I’ve done that are at least 2 hours 16 of them have been during this current injury. Seven of the 8 longest rides I’ve ever done have been in the last few months (and 14 of the 17 longest).  Hopefully this will help me get back to running quicker and also help me for the Erie Canal ride this summer!



No comments: