Monday, January 6, 2020

The 90s


30 years ago: January 1990 - I only raced twice in January of 1990, the first was a win at the Derry, NH hangover “classic”. I believe Mike Beeman was the race director. I ran 24:47 to win by nearly 2 minutes over Mark Kimball (???). The other race was also a “classic”, the BU indoor track classic at the old cold track where the Agannis arena now stands. The track was always interesting with dead spots that could cause you to wipe-out. I ran decent 5,000 of 14:17 to finish 5th in a field of 17. The race was won in 14:00 by my former U-Lowell teammate (and roommate!) Dennis Simoniatis.

25 years ago: January 1995 - I only raced twice in January of 1995 once on the road and once on the indoor track, I believe I was limited due to Achilles tendonitis. The year started well with a win in 25:09 at the Freezer Five and I closed out the month with a 14:52 second place at the BU indoor track series.

No comments: