Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Pub races

Last week I the U-Lowell George Davis night got canceled but a bunch of the guys met up at the Worthen Pub.  As is the case, talk turned to races in Lowell and specifically all of the “pub” races.  I had never run the Worthen race (and had never been there before last week).  Of course I had to figure out what Pub or bar races I’d done over the years.  I was a bit surprised to find that I’d only done 33 but not surprised that 12 of those were in Lowell.  The most raced in Lowell was Cappy’s Kopper Kettle.  Nothing unusual about that since they always had some decent prize money. The most raced bar was the Winner’s Circle where I’d raced 7 times.  Along the way I decided to check out how many races I’d done at places that served alcohol but weren’t pubs.  That came in close to the 33 pub races with 27 from places like Elks, Hibernians, Kiwanis, KoC, Lions, and Rotary.  The most was 10 from Rotary.  This is probably only of interest to me, but I’m pretty much the only one who reads this, so that works for me!



No comments: