Monday, March 27, 2023

Drive to Florida

 Time for another March trip down to Florida.  This time I gave myself a few days to get there and chose some interesting (to me) places to run.  My knee has been crap for the last week but I'm able to run on it slowly.  That beats not running at all.

First up was the Columbia Rail Trail - The Columbia Trail is a multi-use path that follows an abandoned railroad corridor for over 15 miles. The trail runs from the border of Mt. Olive and Washington Townships in Morris County southwest to downtown High Bridge in Hunterdon County.  The trail was very nice having been recently renovated. There were a bunch of gnome villages scattered along the trail.






After that run I moved on to the Stoney Valley Rail Trail near Jonestown PA. I was still running in a long-sleeve t-shirt with the 50 degree temps and drizzle/fog.  I had the trail to myself and found a cool headstone about a mile in.




I was treated to a rainbow as I reached the southern end of the rain I'd been driving through.  That got me to Flat Top (a ridge on the AT) outside of Shippensburg PA.  I went for any easy run partly on the AT and then down the road to check out the Flat Top fire tower.  Sadly, the tower has been removed.




I called it a day after that.  14 miles of (sometimes painful) running and 488 miles of rainy driving.


No comments: