Thursday, June 1, 2023

Riding outside

 I'm trying to get outside to help maintain some level of sanity.  To close out the long weekend I decided to put together a ride that hit a bunch of rail trails and nice quiet roads.  Jim P was up for doing part of it with me.  In order I hit:  Bradford Rail Trail, Amesbury RiverWalk, Garrison trail, Little River trail, Martin Burns, Clipper rail trail, Eastern Marsh, Ghost train, and Groveland rail trail.

I started the day with an hour on the indoor ElliptiGo and finished the day with an additional 5 miles on my Bianchi road bike.  In between that I sandwich 53 miles of scenic Merrimack Valley riding.  There was a tough headwind from Haverhill to Amesbury then it wasn't bad looping on the trails, and I had a nice tailwind for the ride back.  I'd trade it all to just get out for an easy run...but that won't be in the cards for a while.










No comments: