Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Pine mountain ascent

 I've only been up Pine Mountain once before (2018), so when Petey asked me to come up for a run I was all-in.  I arrived in Alton Bay about 30 minutes before sunrise and put in a flat (ish) 6 mile along the lake to warm up.  Warm-up indeed as it was 32 degrees when I started.  I caught sunrise just as I turned on my way back on the out/back run.  Then it was off to Petey's and a quick return to Lake W.  Pete dipped his hand in the lake and we were off.  40 minutes of enjoyable conversation and we were on the sunny summit checking out the view (you could see some of the White Mountains, Belknaps up close, Kearsarge (north and south) and Grand Monadnock in the distance.  We hiked the .8 down the other side of the mountain to Petey's house.  I closed out the day with an excellent and refreshing 2 hour ride.



















No comments: