Sunday, January 23, 2022

Week Ending 01/23/22

This week was something of a turning point. As I reached 12 weeks since surgery, I decided it was time to ease back a little on the bike (as it really seemed to impact how my quads and back felt).  After taking Monday off (scheduled) I kept steady miles with mostly doing a 5 each day.  Although I was still feeling slow my times at lunch steadily improved.  We had some VERY cold days including a 5 degree lunch run and 6 degrees in Chelmsford for the weekend.  I also got out and had some fun and some good exercise hitting the XC ski trails at Beaver Meadows (thank you for the invitation to join in the fun Sarah).  At times I was even able to stay on my feet, and only once did I end up hung up in some trees.  Danny V and I closed out the week with a pleasant out & back run on the Danvers Rail Trail.  It felt good to return to the rail trail and RUN instead of bike.  I ended up getting 32 miles of running in along with 403.19 miles on the bike (17.0 hours).



No comments: