Friday, July 12, 2024

Exploring

 I had originally planned to take from the fourth of July to the 15th off from work to ride the Erie Canal.  My knee put an end to that, so I gave back most of my vacation time.  Eric had some time off and was interested in checking out various rail trails, so I kept a long weekend in play and headed to Vermont and New York.  It was a fun time, I got in some biking, fireworks, a bunch of rail trails for runs and many hours of hijinks.  I also ran in a NY town I’d never run in, caught the International Space Station twice in the same day, and checked out a historical cemetery (the Letterbox was no longer there). Runs included the Concord & Sunapee rail trail, Northern rail trail, Ti-Haul rail trail, Shelburne Bay Park trail, Adirondack rail trail (Lake Placid end), Adirondack rail trail (Saranac Lake end), Little Ausable River rail trail (a side rail from the Delaware & Hudson), Plattsburgh Community Path, and the Causeway trail.



 

No comments: