Friday, August 21, 2009

How do I look?

No one looks like this!

If I had to choose between running in the water in August or October I think I’d take October (assuming that saying “neither” is not a choice). Cold water is tough to run in, heck, just getting motivated to get into the water is difficult. August water runs can be tough as well. It seems contradictory to be immersed in water but sweating like mad. I also like October because you no longer have gawking crowds of beach goers constantly asking what you are doing. Now I have a clearer idea of why they are always asking.

I’ve been in class this week so I had to work later each day. Yesterday Dave and Mike cut out of work early which led to a surprise meeting. I was finishing up while they were starting and I was taken aback when I saw two heads bobbing along. It really is a sight to see! Now I know why people look on in wonder (if not amusement) when we trot by. Pictures don’t really do justice to how funny it looks. I mentioned how silly Dave and Mike looked and they pointed out that “it looks like you are riding a giraffe”. I can’t disagree.


Much more accurate.

6 comments:

Mike Quintal said...

who the hell pumps iron the water?

Joe said...

nooooo,
your teeth look nothing like that.

mueblerunner said...

How does the lady keep her hair so straight?

double-d Mountain runner said...

Same way I do. Lots of "spiker"

mueblerunner said...

Isn't he a former runner from No. Reading. MA:)?
Kevin Spicer.

Trail Pixie Trespas said...

I once aqua-jogged when I was injured in the school's diving pool. I would like to emphasize the word, "ONCE." No company, no music, no view --other than the pool edge,--and no patience. I think I would like it much better in a lake outside. the pool setting is madness. I've heard it's an excellent way to keep up fitness...