Thursday, July 1, 2010

June

Finished June with a 7 mile run at Winnekenni yesterday.

Totals for June include 319 miles which is my best month since December of 2009. I had weeks of 67, 76, 78, and 78. This week will be my 8th since starting back after the PF surgery. I’m just starting to get my legs back under me and have very brief moments when I feel like a runner again. I’m hoping to have more of those moments in the near future.

I raced six times in June which is nearly 1/3rd of my total for the year. Each race was really a test to see where my recovery from injury was. At the Mountain series I improved (place-wise) in each race, taking 29th at Wachusett, 16th at Pack, and 10th at Cranmore. I’ll be hard pressed to finish better than 10th at Loon Mountain this weekend but I’ll certainly be giving it my all.

Looking ahead to a busy July and August. I’m hoping to be have some fitness behind me soon, but who knows how long it will take to get back to where I was before the latest injury.

Upcoming races include:
07-04 Loon Mountain
07-11 Mount Ascutney
07-18 USATF NE 8m championship
08-07 Mount Ashland
08-14 USATF NE 10km championship
08-22 Moose relay
08-28 USATF 10km National championship (trail)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's crazy mileage after starting up in May. Lord knows that my comeback will be a lot more gradual when it happens....not anytime soon.

Peterman