Thursday, November 17, 2011

20 Years ago

20 Years ago

I had a busy November, putting in five races from four miles to the marathon. I started the month with a 2nd place finish at the Rhode Island marathon running 2:29:28 as a “hard workout”. The following weekend I finished in fourth place running 24:15 at the Alamo Alumni race. The highlight of the day was a warm-down run with local legends Bob Hodge and Bill Rogers. The next weekend I ran the “Run your turkey off” 15k which was a three loop affair over the popular Fudge loop in Tewksbury. It was windy (20mph) and I spent most of the race with Larry Barthlow and Ed Sheehan before making a move on the final lap to take the win (and $200). Splits for the 5k loop were 15:25 / 15:54 / 15:20 for a 46:43. The next weekend I headed off to watch U-Lowell win the D2 nationals near St Louis. A few of us alumni went to the Deaconess 4 mile road race. I ended up taking the win in the final ¼ mile running a 19:35. On the final day of the month I ran in the US XC national championships at Franklin Park. I spent the early miles in over 100th place but slowly worked my way up (working with GLRR teammate Bob Hodge). I ended up running 30:49 over 6.25 miles to take 45th place.

No comments: