Thursday, November 17, 2011

15 Years ago - Nov. 1996

I was back in Tewksbury for another go at the “Run your turkey off” 15k...5 years after my last go at this race, this time over a big loop course. My time was 7 seconds faster than my time from 5 years before and I again took the win, this time over Ed Sheehan and Dan Verrington (47:17).

A week later I headed over to Slattery’s to run the fast five mile race in Fitchburg. I ran back and forth with CMS teammate Eric Morse (24:05), pulling away from him in the last ½ mile to take second in 23:58. The winner (from Kenya via NY) ran 23:35.

 Four days later I raced Dan and 3,000 others at the Feaster five road race. I tried to lose Dan in the mass of people running the 5k, but he hung tough finishing 10 seconds back in 2nd place. I won in 24:38.

No comments: