Thursday, October 17, 2013

County high points and the Go!

 
I had a little time to kill before my lunch run with Dan so I decided it’d be fun to bag a county high point on the ElliptiGo.  There are over 3,100 counties in the United States and I’ve visited 197.  Prior to this day I’d only been up three of them on the Go (and on bike).  Wachusett ( Worcester County , MA ), Kearsarge ( Hillsboro County , NH ), and Pack Monadnock ( Merrimack County , NH ) are in the books.  I added Greylock ( Berkshire County , MA ) that morning and plan to go back and bag it on the bike.
 

I mapped out a ride from Dan’s work to the summit of Holt Hill ( Essex County , MA ).  Luckily it wasn’t much of a climb, I was pretty beat from the Greylock ride and we’d be doing a 7 mile run after I finished.  The temp was pleasant as was the ride.  Some of the morning clouds had cleared and I got the bonus of a nice view of the Boston skyline.
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/310550753
 
 
 

No comments: