Saturday, May 24, 2014

One more peak

Rock Rimmon State forest – I made a quick trip up to Danville NH to check out the remains of the fire tower on the summit of Rock Rimmon.  I parked at the Opal/Emerald road junction where the jeep road to the summit is located.  The road is a bit rough but it is only about 8/10ths of a mile and 150’ of climb to the top.  The open summit had a nice view of the surrounding forest and the tower footings remain where the fire tower once stood.  There is a lot of trash and broken glass on the summit and when I was up there I spotted a group who had lit a huge bonfire in the woods.  On my run down I detoured to the “orange blaze” trail and it was much more scenic including a boardwalk along the swamp.  Including time on the summit the entire trip took me less than 20 minutes.

No comments: