Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cockermouth and Bald Knob

I was up in Plymouth for the weekend and took advantage with some peakbagging.  I could not resist going to Groton (which was formerly known as Cockermouth) and of course I found the hilariously named Bald Knob.  The Cockermouth forest turned out to be a great place for a run.  The trails included a lot of old dirt roads and the summits offered up some great views.  I also get to say I visited Cockermouth which continues to crack me up.  I really worked it on Bald Knob and it was hard.  :-)

My route in red

 


Cracking myself up


View from the knob




Old trail sign

Former homestead




 

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You climbed Bald Knob in Cockermouth? Sounds like a mouthful.

FP said...

Seems like you need a running tour of the UK! http://www.shortlist.com/news/the-rudest-map-of-the-uk-you-will-ever-see

double-d Mountain runner said...

Great stuff!