Monday, October 26, 2020

Rockingham Rail Trail

 I love rail trails!  I hadn't been on the Manchester section of the Rockingham rail trail in a few years.  Mostly I'd stayed away as this section (from Tarrytown road to Candia road) has been overgrown and a big stretch was always muddy/swampy.  They are almost finished with a total facelift on this section.  I parked at the Rite Aid on Tarrytown and the first part of the trail behind the Rite Aid is definitely still a trail.  After that there was major construction being done (and the trail was officially closed).  That didn't stop me, or many others out early on a Saturday morning.  The paths is as wide as a road and currently is the base layer of packed dirt which is great for running!  The plan is to pave the trail, probably to enhance the appeal to Manchester residents.  I'm not sure what the plan is for parking but there is ample parking on the other end (at Lake Massebesic).  The parking lot at Rite Aid is actually sort of detached from the actual main parking lot and can probably be safely used (once the trail is open).  It was nice to get back out there!









No comments: