Tuesday, May 24, 2022

NY trip

I decided to try some different things this year and one of them was the masters road mile.  I'm not a miler and have not really been working on my speed.  More about the race later, this is about the trip.  Since we (me & Tim Van Orden) would be driving out to Rochester NY it made sense to come up with interesting things to see.

We met up in Albany on Friday and then drove onward to Marcy NY where we broke up the ride with an easy run.  We parked at the Erie Canal Lock 21 and did an out/back 3 mile run.







Then we continued on to Pittsford NY for packet pick-up and an easy 3m on a very nice bike path (the Auburn bike trail).


On race day (the race wasn't until 6pm) I did a run that included a visit to High falls, the abandoned subway, the aqueduct, and the Genessee river trail.








On the way back to Albany we stopped in Rotterdam and got in a 4m run on the Mohawk Hudson Bike path.





No comments: