Monday, March 25, 2024

Day 1 - New England to Florida

 Making my annual pilgrimage to Florida.  I came up with some interesting (to me) stops along the way to break up the ride and get in some running.

Rappahannock Canal Path - Fredericksburg VA:  Nice path along the canal, but 43 degrees and pouring rain tested my ability to get out of the car and get running.  It also proved difficult to get feeling back in my hands post-run.


Emporia City VA - County high point: This was a quick stop for the walk up to the highest point in the county.  The rain which dogged me from NJ onward had now lessened to a spotty shower.

Roanoke Canal Path - Weldon NC: Nice path along, over, and through the canal including a cool aqueduct.  A little muddy from all of the rain but temps in the 50s and a "refreshing" breeze.




Wilson NC fire tower:  I parked at the high school and did a short run over to the tower and then back to the track and finished with 2 miles on the new track that was in the process of being built.





Santee Wildlife Preserve - Summerton SC: Final run of the day, got stopped for an hour on the highway for a major accident...so later run than expected.  Nice location, I'd run on the other side of the lake in Santee a few years ago.








No comments: