Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Driving to Florida - Day 2

 Finishing the drive to Florida (well technically I was in Florida already).  I spent the night in Jacksonville and started the day with a visit to the "Cancer Survivors Park" which has replicas of the 7 "famous" bridges in JAX.




Then it was on the road to get in some running.  I stopped at the Jacksonville-Baldwin rail trail for an out/back 6 mile run as the sun came up.  The trail was very nice and even had a fair amount of shades.




Next up was a drive over to Gainesville for the Gainesville-Hawthorne rail trail.  This was also a very nice trail, I parked at the end which was 15.2 miles from Gainesville.  The trail was kind of quiet even though it was a beautiful weekend morning.





The final run of the day was on the Cross Florida Greenway.  I had run on part of this last year but missed my goal of crossing the Florida land bridge (due to a miscalculation of the distance).  This time I approached from the East and got in a pleasant 3 mile run.






No comments: