Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back on Track

I haven't done a track workout since last fall.  Dan suggested that if we both want to be ready for the 10k in 5 weeks we better get rolling.  I'm still hacking a bit from the pneumonia but mostly feeling okay so we hit the track today.

There were some heavy snow-showers as we headed to the track but by the end of our run the sun was shining.  We decided on 6x400 with 400 rest.  Dan has been doing a couple of road workouts a week but has only hit the track once so this would be a good opportunity for both of us to see where our fitness level is.

The workout went well with us alternating leading, Dan on 1,3, and 5 and me on 2, 4, and 6.  Now my goal is to stay healthy enough to hit the track once a week until the 10k (and the 6k) USATF championships.

Workout:
2 warm-up
1 mile strides on the track
6x400 @
77.7
78.3
77.9
78.7
76.9
75.7
3 mile warm-down

Yes, the track is blue!  The white bottom of my flats are now tinged blue.

3 comments:

mueblerunner said...

thanks for the invite

mueblerunner said...

thanks for the invite

mueblerunner said...

oops I double commented