Friday, June 19, 2015

Exploring

I got up to the mountains a day before the big race and planned out a couple of excursions.

I started the day with a 5 mile run that included checking out access to Mt Cleveland and then running up Mt Agassiz.  Agassiz was very cool with a house on top which was built around the former fire tower.  The owners allow hikers in their yard which has a fantastic view (so I'm told...it was fogged in for me).







After that I headed over to the Profile Recreational Trail which is a great 4 mile section of old rail trail (the old Bethlehem narrow gauge Profile & Franconia Notch Railroad).  The trail was quite nice although a little buggy when I stopped for pictures.  The grassy trail had great footing and I suspect on a clear day there would be a few good views.


No comments: